One of the biggest challenges we face when conducting restoration work on our beloved vehicle is removing rust and corrosion in the engine bay, this is due to the fear that we’ll cause any damage the engine itself and because there a very few products that will actually work under the immense temperatures produced in the engine bay. Well, here at Rustbuster our expert team of formulation chemists have produced the Rustbuster HP Clear which does exactly that. So, let’s now have a look at the six steps you need to take to restore your engine bay today!
How do you restore your car engine bay?
- Firstly, spray your engine with Rustbuster Safer Degreaser and leave for a minute; this enables you to break down grime that has built up over time. Agitate the de-greaser to create a foam this will emulsify the grease into an easily removeable compound.
- Then you’ll need to clean up heavy build-up which is hidden in hard to reach areas under the bonnet, you will need a mini-brush that can access these locations with ease and use our Rustbuster HP Clear products.
- Once you have cleared the affected areas, you’re ready to rinse all areas with water thoroughly – ensuring all the grime has been removed from small compartments within the car engine, not forgetting the underside of the bonnet.
- It is essential that you wipe all the areas you have rinsed (it should be the entire bonnet and individual compartments) however to dry the engine in a time efficient manner, start the vehicle’s engine allowing it to run for a few minutes. This will ultimately speed the process up!
- Finally, spray Rustbuster HP Clear to all surfaces except the exhaust manifold and header pipes, apply to all metal surfaces, plastic and rubber hoses, hose clips and pipes , then allow to dry to create an attractive matt finish.
- Your engine should now be much cleaner and free from grime as well as corrosive material, particularly rust!
However, this is only appropriate if the engine is cold. Additionally, if you want to clean any hose clips, gearboxes and aluminium parts these can also be coated with the Rustbuster HP clear providing you with your desired clean finish.
So, if you wish to use a high-performance product that works effectively at high temperatures then our High Performance Clear Rust Proofing Kit is exactly what you need!
We have developed a high-performance clear rust proofing range of products, that prevents corrosion and rust and can perform to a high standard even under extreme temperatures, seen in the areas like the engine bay.
Furthermore, a cavity wax can be ideal to rust proof dirty areas within seams and cavities that are well-hidden. Cavity injection equipment can be used for a professional finish, i.e. the M10 cavity injection plugs which provide a professional finish.
View our full Rustbuster High Performance Clear Rust Proofing range on our website.